Nurse Raymond's Page
WHEN SHOULD MY CHILD STAY HOME FROM SCHOOL?
Please take a few minutes at home to carefully check your child’s health before he/she leaves for school each morning. The following are a few suggestions, which may help to guide you:
REASONS FOR KEEPING YOUR CHILD HOME:
1. Illness during the night
2. Fever is present (100 degrees or greater)
3. Complaints of nausea, upset stomach, vomiting, headache, diarrhea prior to leaving for school
4. Development of a rash on face and/or body
5. Has a severe cold, cough and/or sore throat
6. Has inflamed eye(s) with discharge from them
Please Remember: An ill child cannot function properly in the classroom. The spread of illness and disease through class or school can be more easily monitored if sick children remain at home during the acute stage of an illness. If the school nurse detects any of the above, your child will be sent home.
A student’s absence should be reported on the #8 School Absence mailbox by calling: 973-340-5038 extension 8029
Homework can also be requested on this phone message, please indicate when you will be picking it up.